Who We Are
- The Nepal Australian Cervical Cancer Foundation is the Nepal affiliate of the Australian Cervical Cancer Foundation (ACCF) and was formed in 2008.
- The NACCF works closely with a sister NGO the Nepal Network for Cancer Treatment and Research (INCTR/NNCTR) in Banepa, Kavre.
- Together, these organisations have been diligently working toward primary prevention of cervical cancer by delivering a vaccine against cervical cancer – The Gardasil vaccine.
- When given to girls aged 11-13 years, this vaccine will prevent 70-80% of cervical cancer cases.
- To enhance women’s health by minimising cervical cancer and related health issues in Nepal.
To work with other like-minded organisations to:
- Promote public awareness and prevention of cervical cancer in Nepal.
- Facilitate training for Nepali health professionals working in areas of women’s health.
- Provide the HPV cervical cancer vaccine to girls aged 11-13 in Nepal.
- Promote and facilitate screening for cervical cancer and women’s health issues in Nepal.